Ambulance Staff (Excluding Paramedics)
Ambulance staff transport sick, injured and convalescent persons and give first aid treatment in emergencies.
More about this Career
New workers start around £14093. Normal pay is £24331 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £38575.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Replenishes medical supplies in ambulance as necessary.
- Cleans and disinfects ambulance after use and carries out routine care of ambulance equipment.
- Ascertains nature of injuries and provides first aid treatment.
- Drives ambulance or accompanies driver to transport patients to hospitals or other treatment centres and homes.
- Helps patients into and out of ambulance.
Skills Employers are looking for