Animal Care Services Occupations
Workers in this unit group care for animals held in kennels, stables, zoos and similar establishments, provide specialised training, grooming, clipping and trimming services for animals, and searches for and captures stray or nuisance dogs in public areas and perform a variety of animal care tasks.
More about this Career
New workers start around £7469. Normal pay is £17982 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £29733.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Patrols public areas to search for and capture stray or nuisance dogs, and transports captured animals to kennels.
- Meets prospective owners and advises on animal selection and animal care.
- Checks animals for illness, treats minor ailments or calls for vet if further treatment is required.
- Houses, feeds, exercises, trains, grooms horses, dogs and other animals in preparation for entry to shows, races and other events.
- Cleans animals.
- Feeds, washes, grooms, trims and exercises animals.