Teaching assistants assist teachers with their day-to-day classroom work and with routine administrative tasks.
More about this Career
New workers start around £6806. Normal pay is £14290 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £22291.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Helps with outings and other out-of-classroom activities.
- Makes simple teaching aids and constructs thematic displays of educational material or children.
- Assists children with washing or dressing for outdoor and similar activities.
- Listens to children read, reads to them or tells stories.
- Looks after lesson materials such as paper, pencils and crayons.
- Assists teacher with preparation or clearing up of classroom.
Skills Employers are looking for