Playworkers deliver and facilitate play opportunities for children in a range of formal and informal settings including play groups, play schemes, free play locations, and in pre- and after-school activities.
More about this Career
New workers start around £1829. Normal pay is £6562 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £16733.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Liaises with parents, carers and colleagues and keeps appropriate records.
- Puts away equipment and cleans premises after use.
- Organises and supervises children.
- Organises and supervises children on excursions.
- Encourages children.
- Provides play areas and prepares materials for a wide range of children.
- Supervises children.
Skills Employers are looking for