Childminders and Related Occupations
Childminders and related occupations provide day-to-day care of children within a domestic setting, and supervise and participate in their play, educational and other activities.
More about this Career
New workers start around £5512. Normal pay is £14764 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £23284.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Complies with regulations set by OFSTED and their inspection requirements.
- Maintains appropriate records of children.
- Takes older children to and from school.
- Takes children to participate in play groups or on appropriate outings.
- Provides, supervises and participates in children.
- Mends, washes and irons children.
- Plans, prepares and serves children.
- Changes babies.
- Assists children to wash and dress.
Skills Employers are looking for