Rail and Rolling Stock Builders and Repairers
Rail and rolling stock builders and repairers erect, fit, assemble and repair rolling stock parts and sub-assemblies, and test and adjust new engines for trains.
More about this Career
New workers start around £26318. Normal pay is £42736 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £60755.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains record of repairs and maintenance carried out.
- Oils and greases train engines.
- Inspects and tests new and repaired machinery for conformity with standards and specifications.
- Examines rolling stock for defects, removes, replaces and repairs faulty parts.
- Fits and assembles parts and/or metal sub-assemblies to make train engines.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations.
Skills Employers are looking for