Child and Early Years Officers
Child and early years officers work with babies and with children up to 14 years of age (or 16 for those with special needs), providing support, help and advice to individuals or within a family context.
More about this Career
New workers start around £10528. Normal pay is £17520 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £25403.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Attends meetings with colleagues and outside agencies.
- Makes referrals to other agencies such as social services and educational psychologists.
- Writes up case notes, prepares reports, keeps up-to-date records on clients.
- Advises clients and their families on available resources.
- Works with social worker to identify, plan and deliver appropriate support to families facing a variety of difficulties.
- Deals with issues relating to poor attendance at school.
Skills Employers are looking for