Dispensing opticians supply, fit and service spectacles, contact lenses and other optical aids in accordance with a prescription from an ophthalmologist or optometrist.
More about this Career
New workers start around £14558. Normal pay is £29907 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £68093.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Fits spectacles and advises patient on lens care and any other difficulties likely to be experienced.
- Ensures that completed spectacles conform to specification and fit the patient correctly and comfortably.
- Prepares detailed instructions for workshop.
- Advises patient on lens type and choice of spectacle frames.
- Interprets prescription and measures patient.
Skills Employers are looking for