Draughtspersons prepare technical drawings, plans, maps, charts and similar items.
More about this Career
New workers start around £22895. Normal pay is £31970 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £51605.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Arranges for completed drawings to be reproduced for use as working drawings.
- Prepares detailed drawings, plans, charts or maps that include natural features, desired surface finish, elevations, electrical circuitry and other details as required.
- Prepares design drawings, plans or sketches and checks feasibility of construction and compliance with safety regulations.
- Considers the suitability of different materials with regard to the dimensions and weight and calculates the likely fatigue, stresses, tolerances, bonds and threads.
- Examines design specification to determine general requirements.
Skills Employers are looking for