Business and Related Research Professionals
Business and related research professionals carry out a variety of research activities for the broadcast and print media, for the police and armed forces intelligence services, for national security agencies and in other non-scientific areas.
More about this Career
New workers start around £18542. Normal pay is £33138 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58675.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Deals with copyright issues and negotiates fees.
- Liaises with client on the appropriate image/s to be used.
- Researches images for clients in a wide range of media using specialist picture libraries and archives, museums, galleries etc., or commissions new images.
- Presents findings in the required format, via written reports or presentations.
- Provides support to criminal intelligence or to military or other security operations by gathering and verifying intelligence data and sources.
- Provides administrative support for programme development such as booking facilities.
- Briefs presenters, scriptwriters or journalists as required via verbal or written reports.
- Research sources for accurate factual material, finds suitable contributors to programmes or print features and deals with any copyright issues.
- Liaises with production team to generate and develop ideas for film, television and radio programmes.
Skills Employers are looking for