Solicitors advise and act on behalf of individuals, organisations, businesses and government departments in legal matters.
More about this Career
New workers start around £16274. Normal pay is £31070 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £56553.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
- Represents clients in court.
- Scrutinises statements, reports and legal documents relevant to the case being undertaken and prepares papers for court.
- Instructs counsel in higher and lower courts and pleads cases in lower courts as appropriate.
- Undertakes legal business on behalf of client in areas of business law, criminal law, probate, conveyancing and litigation, and acts as trustee or executor if required.
- Draws up contracts, leases, wills and other legal documents.
Skills Employers are looking for