Duration: Full Time 1 Year
Entry is by formal interview only and applicants are expected to demonstrate some aptitude in art and design.
Applicants will also be given an initial assessment test of their communication and numeracy skills. level one is desireable in communication.The course is ideal for those who have gained some GCSE’S below grade C who wish to improve upon these in a vocational subject.
his course covers a range of art subjects equivalent to G.C.S.E LEVEL ART SUBJECTS but from a more ‘hands on’ practical angle. Units include, 2D and 3D Materials and Processes,Contextual References(Art History), Graphic Design, drawing, Photography, professional practise and work experience in art and design.
Students will also cover some short courses in key skills and mixed media to complement their studies.based around exciting themes.
What you will Study:
• Painting and drawing and using colour.
• Working in clay and other 3D methods
• Studying art and artists from past and present through gallery visits and hands on project work. Attending talks by guest artists and designers.
• Workshops in traditional and digital photography including field trips, studio work and darkroom study.
• Life drawing from a real figure.
• Painting and drawing in the open air
• Using computers for graphic design.
• The opportunity to develop key skills in communication, number work and I.T. skills is built into all project work
On Completion/ Career Paths:
Success on this course will enable students to progress onto the 2 year extended diploma in art and design.
Further Information & How to Apply:
If you would like further information, please contact Student Services on 0800 169 3825 or complete an enquiry or application form online.
Printer Friendly Page