The College Merthyr Tydfil Work Based Learning is working in partnership with Tydfil Training Consortium to offer a range of apprenticeship, traineeship, engagement and employability opportunities for learners across the Valleys region.
We have a training base within the college but also on the high street (William Smith building – opposite Merthyr central library) for learners preferring provision outside of a college environment. Working together, we are able to offer our learners and employers a wide range and choice of programmes to raise aspirations, increase engagement, drive forward skills growth and contribute towards the policy agenda of the Welsh Government.
We have an excellent track record in providing a quality learning experience for all of our learners which include confidence building, CV writing and preparation for placements.
Why choose us
• Situated on your doorstep in the heart of Merthyr Tydfil
• Local access to a large range of engagement, traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities
• High quality tutors and assessors, dedicated to providing the best learning experience and support
• Excellent links with local employers
• Outstanding range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities, including European educational trips and placements, sporting academies and teams
We offer programmes across a range of subject areas, including:
Click here to find out more information about the routes on offer:
Further Information & How to Apply:
If you would like further information, please contact Work Based Learning.
The College Merthyr Tydfil
Telephone 01685 726130
Move to Online learningView all latest news
If you are in Year 9,10,11 and are starting to think about college and your future? Why not sign up for our newsletter for all the latest information about college life, open days and events.Click on image to find out more