Student Ambassador Scholarships
Student Ambassador Programme 2018-2019
Looking to get more out of your time at The College Merthyr Tydfil? Why not consider joining our team of Student Ambassadors?
We are looking to offer 20 Ambassador Scholarships annually for students who are currently Level 2/3 further education or higher education students. We are looking for pleasant, courteous, polite students to help us promote the college and support a range of cross college activities and events. Applicants should be willing to contribute in a supportive capacity at a variety of college events throughout the year November 2018 – October 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your leadership and communication skills. Whilst you will be supporting college life, the college is able to provide you with an opportunity to participate in a programme that will undoubtedly prove advantageous when submitting University and employment applications. All Ambassador students receive an allocation of Ambassador clothing together with financial assistance (£100 paid in two instalments November 2018 and June 2019). This can contribute to College costs such as books, travel, accommodation, equipment etc. Ambassadors will be accountable to the Head of Marketing, Admissions and Enquiries.
What does the ambassador role involve?
Being an ambassador will enable you to share your student experience and gain invaluable skills to benefit you now and in the future.
You will have an opportunity to get involved in;
- Promoting the College as a whole, internally and externally, whilst also promoting the respective subject area of study as required
- Help support with the delivery of promotional presentations
- Be available to assist with the following events: - Open Evenings - Prize Evenings - Parents Evenings - Partner School Taster Day Talks in Schools - Partner School Taster Day Sessions in college - Partner School Year 11 Assemblies and subject talks - Partner School Year 9 and Year 10 More Able and Talented Conferences and Activities.
- A range of college, community and local business events
- Promotional photography for college prospectus and other advertising material
- Video case studies
How will I benefit?
- Earn £100 – paid in two instalments in November 2017 and June 2018
- Enhance your personal knowledge and improve your skills, particularly in marketing, communication, organisation, planning, leadership and team work
- Gain experience and boost your confidence
- Meet new friends
- Add to your CV and improve your employment prospects
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted to Learner Support Services by 4.30pm on Monday 30th October 2016. The application should state your name, current course, previous secondary school, contact email and telephone number and outline in no more than 250 words why you would like the role of student ambassador.
- In considering applications, all relevant selection criteria will be taken into account. Selection is made on the basis of information provided within the Ambassador Scholarship application with the final decision made at interview by an Ambassador Scholarship Awards panel on Friday 3rd November.
- Applicants will be contacted by email as soon as all interviews have been completed.