BTEC 90-credit diploma in Performing Arts (Acting)
The 9 unit diploma offers a specialist qualification that focuses on particular aspects of performance and employment within the sector and encompasses the essential skills, knowledge and understanding needed to gain confidence and progression.
There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for progression on to the BTEC level 3 extended diploma in performing arts (acting) which requires an additional year of study and broadens the learner’s experience and knowledge in preparation for higher education or employment in the appropriate vocational sector.
The 90 credit diploma is broadly equivalent to 1.5 GCE A levels and the extended diploma is the equivalent of a further 1.5 GCE A levels.
- Performance workshop
- Historical context of performance
- Performing to an audience
- Performing arts business
SPECIALIST UNITS INCLUDE
- Auditions for actors
- Musical theatre performance
- Theatre in education
- Singing skills for actors
- Physical theatre
You will usually possess at least one of the following:
- BTEC first qualification in performing arts equivalent of four C grades at GCSE (to include one subject testing the use of English).
- Life and employment experience (for mature learners only).
In 2015, BTEC Performing Arts Diploma student Jonathan Williams achieved a Double Distinction Star, providing him with the UCAS points he needed to progress on to study a Teaching degree at Winchester University.